NODRFT SAFETY & TECH – 2020 UPDATE
Driver & Crew Conduct
- All drivers and crew members participating in a NODRFT sanctioned event are expected to conduct themselves in the most professional manner with a respect for sportsmanship.
- Drivers are responsible for the behavior and conduct of any persons’ accompanying them.
- Any offense committed by the driver’s crew could be directly charged to the driver.
- Damages to the racetrack, its surface, barriers, structures, equipment, and vehicles by the driver and/or any member of the drivers crew, the driver could be held responsible and agrees to pay restitution.
- Must have a properly setup drift vehicle that will pass safety tech inspection and isn’t complete junk and/or unsafe.
- Must adhere to all vehicle safety requirements.
- Must pay all fees, sign/abide to insurance liability waiver, and registration form.
- ALL vehicles are subject to strict safety tech inspection as outlined in the rules and registration form.
Paddock / Park Rules
- Speed limit is FIVE (5) mph.
- Oil, water, power, air and other consumables are the responsibility of the driver/crew.
- TAKE YOUR TIRES WITH YOU! The track is not a tire disposal.
- Do not litter or leave any mess. Driver/crew must bring oil dry to clean up fluids in case of a spill or dripping.
- DISCLAIMER: ANY irresponsible actions such as dumping of the clutch, burnouts, drift nuts, excessive speeding, endangering a spectator(s) by way of your maneuvers etc. done in the pit, parking area, or anywhere that is not designated to be a racing surface, NODRFT officials or track staff reserve the right remove participants who are deemed unsafe from drifting and the track. Any and all participants deemed unsafe will be fined $500 and banned from that event. NODRFT officials have the authority to permanently ban the individual if decided upon.
TECHNICAL INSPECTIONS – All participating cars are subject to strict safety inspection conducted by a NODRFT official.
- Drivers must wear at least a shirt, shorts, and closed toed shoes. – A fire resistant race suit is recommended.
- Helmet safety rating must meet current DOT and SNELL seal SA2015, SFI Ratings 31.2 Or Higher, FIA Rated 8860-2001 or Higher
- Must have correctly operating seat belts and helmets; safety items must be replaced after sustaining a substantial impact.
- Must be free of major leaks and no open reservoirs or containers.
- No loose items inside the engine bay.
- Batteries must be secured to the body of the car. Bungee cords, zip ties, and ratchet straps are not approved as battery tie downs.
- Engine must be equipped with fluid overflow/catch cans.
WHEELS / TIRES / SUSPENSION / BRAKES –
- Brake pedal must have a firm feel(w/zero leaks).
- Clutch must have a firm feel(w/zero leaks).
- Cable or hydraulic E-brake is recommended(w/zero leaks).
- Rigid mounted suspension is strictly forbidden.
- All lug nuts must be present and torqued to spec.
CHASSIS / BODY WORK
- Complete cars are encouraged.
- Doors, trunks, and hatches must be securely fastened and must not open while in drift.
- Windows must be sealed or fastened to factory location.
- Driver and passenger seats must be securely bolted to the chassis. Race harnesses must use a harness bar for secure mounting and to avoid injury.
- ONE (1) Running light/brake light and ONE (1) headlight must work at all times.
- ONE (1) tow hook/point must be accessible on the front AND rear of the car.
- Mufflers are HIGHLY recommended.
- Straight pipe exhaust are not encouraged unless it’s a turbo car
- 95DB sound limit for Nola Motorsports Park.
- All loose items must be removed before getting on track.
- Shifter hole in transmission tunnel must be sealed with shift boot from hot transmission fluid and debris.
- All seatbelts must be in good condition and factory belts must be in perfect operating order.
- The factory seat belt must have one lap belt and one shoulder/chest belt. The use of only the lap belt is not allowed.
- Bucket race seats are recommended. The seat must be secured to the chassis incase of a major impact. In the case of an impact and the seat is damaged and needing to be replaced, the seat and other safety accessories must again be secured properly to the chassis.
- All extinguishers must be adequately protected and in functional condition up to date and standards.
- All extinguishers must be situated within reach of the driver’s compartment.
- All extinguisher mounts must be safely hard mounted to the chassis or roll cage .
- ALL extinguishing equipment must withstand a fire.
ROLL CAGES – Safety criteria:
- FD Pro Am. – FOUR (4) point minimum mounting points within the chassis. – ONE (1) door bar minimum is required per side.
- Convertibles must have a minimum FOUR (4) point roll cage w/ door bars.
- We recommend following the Formula Drift Pro-AM regulations for proper roll cage guide lines.
** NoDrft Officials and Track Officials reserve the right to remove and/or ban any individual from an event and/or track. You agree and are responsible uphold and carry out these terms when attending NODRFT events.**